- Piasecki Hubert
- Koncepcja zarządzania wiedzą
Concept of Knowledge Management
- Edukacja Ekonomistów i Menedżerów : problemy, innowacje, projekty, 2006, nr 4, s. 9-24, bibliogr. 20 poz.
Education of Economists and Managers : problems, innovations, projects
- Zarządzanie wiedzą, Zarządzanie informacją, Wiedza, Informacja
Knowledge management, Information management, Knowledge, Information
- W artykule przeanalizowano zagadnienia z zakresu szkół epistemologii, jak również podejścia do danych i informacji. Wskazano różnice pomiędzy informacją a wiedzą oraz pomiędzy zarządzaniem wiedzą a rozwojem wiedzy w organizacji.
The concept of knowledge management is one of the most fashionable and utopian topics in recent years. Most authors are very enthusiastic about possibility of building organization based on knowledge and they argue that knowledge cannot only be created in an organization but also managed (K.E. Sveiby, R. Kaplan, U. Zenden, B. Kogut, D. Stenmark). However, this paper was written to indicate some contradiction which can be found in the notion of knowledge management. It is argued that knowledge can be only created (not managed or govern) in organization by building a shared space for emerging relationships and then information can be managed (The Concept of "Ba", I. Nonaka, N. Konno). According to M. Polanyi, knowledge is only ever tacit and can never be explicit, so what we express (communicate) to other people is not our knowledge but just information. Moreover, we have been made to believe that information contains the meaning. Actually, information has no intrinsic meaning and we can only count on our knowledge which allows us to interpret information. Ashleigh Brilliant excellent expressed her view on problems with communication: "I know you believe you understand what you think I said - but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" (F. J. Miller). Therefore, at first, we have to understand and distinguish between information and knowledge, next improve our knowledge about process of communication and impact of information on this process and finally make an effort to create a knowledge-based organization. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Alavi M., Leidner D. E., Knowledge Management and Knowledge Management Systems, Conceptual Foundations and Research issues, "MIS Quarterly" 2001, Vol. 25, No. 1.
- Brown J. S., Duguid P., Organizational Learning and Communities of Practice: Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning and Innovation, "Organization Science" 1991, Vol. 2, No. 1.
- Conversation with Professor Ikujiro Nonaka, Tokyo, February 23, 1996, "Knowledge Has to Do with Truth, Goodness, and Beauty", www.dialogonleadership.org.
- Drucker P. F., Społeczeństwo pokapitalistyczne, PWN, Warszawa 1999.
- Gertler M. S., Tacit knowledge and the economic geography of context, or The undefinable tacitness of being (there), "Journal of Economic Geography" 2003, No 3.
- Hey J., The Date, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom Chain. The Metaphorical link, 2004.
- Kemeny J. G., Nauka w oczach filozofa, PWN, Warszawa 1967.
- Koguta B., Zander U., Knowledge Of The Firm And Evolutionary Theory Of The Multinational Corporation, "Journal of International Business Studies" 2003, Vol. 24, No.4.
- Kogut B., Zander U., Knowledge of the Firm. Combinative Capabilities and the Replication of Technology, "Organization Science" 1992, Vol. 3, No 3.
- Mayntz R., Holm K., Hubner P., Wprowadzenie do metod socjologii empirycznej, PWN, Warszawa 1985.
- Miller F. J., Information has no intrinsic meaning, Brisbane 2004, w: http://www.fernstar.com.au/publications/papers/i =o.htm.
- Nonaka I., Konno N., The Concept of "Ba". Building a Foundation for Knowledge Creation, "California Management Review" 1998, Vol. 40, No 3.
- Polanyi M., Personal knowledge. Towards a post-critical philosophy, University of Chicago Press, Chicago 1958.
- Spender J. C., Pluralist Epistemology and the Knowledge-Based Theory of the Firm, "Organization" 1998, Vol. 5, No 2.
- Stenmark D., Information vs. Knowledge. The Role of intranets in Knowledge Management, Proceedings of the 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2002.
- Sveiby K. E., A Knowledge-based Theory of the Firm. To guide Strategy Formulation, "The Journal of Intellectual Capital" 2001, Vol. 2, No 4.
- Sveiby K. E., The New Organizational Wealth. Managing and Monitoring Knowledge-Based Assets, Barrett-Kohler Publisher, Sari Francisco 1997.
- Tsoukas H., The Firm as a Distributed Knowledge System. A Constructionist Approach, "Strategic Management Journal" 1996, No 17.
- Wilson T. D., The nonsense of knowledge management, "Information Research" 2002, Vol. 8, No 1.
- Zander U., Kogut B., Knowledge and the speed of transfer and imitation of organisational capabilities. An empirical test, "Organisation Science" 1995, 6 (1).
- Cited by