- Hugair Zuhair (Akademia Ekonomiczna w Krakowie)
- Rozwój gospodarczy krajów Zatoki Perskiej
Economic Development of Arab Gulf States
- Zeszyty Naukowe / Akademia Ekonomiczna w Krakowie, 1993, nr 408, s. 135-146, tabl., bibliogr. 4 poz.
- Rozwój gospodarczy, Dochód narodowy, Górnictwo, Produkcja przemysłowa
Economic development, National income, Mining sector, Industrial production
- Kraje Zatoki Perskiej
Persian Gulf countries
- Celem artykułu jest analiza zasobów naturalnych oraz kierunków i perspektyw rozwoju gospodarczego krajów Zatoki Arabskiej (Perskiej).
The Arab Gulf States are young. They have a total population of 19.02 million, and a total area of 3,647,646 Km. The actual period of wealth and immense development programmes began in the early seventies, which witnessed a historical oil boom. In 1980 the daily production of crude oil averaged 14.1 million barrels or about 23.5% of the world total, and in 1986 about 8.763 million barrels. The Arab Gulf States' petrochemical production rose to 10891 thousand tons in 1987; Saudi Arabia produced around 73.3 % of the mentioned quantity. The six states' refined oil production stood at 935 million barrels in 1987, and their production of iron and steel reached the level of 2432 thousand tons in 1986. The total gross domestic product of the region by 1981 totalled 210 billion US S and by 1986 declined to 136 billion $. On Hay 25th, 1981, the Gulf Cooperation Council was established. Small Arab Gulf States are facing severe socio-economic problems in their developmental drive. There is a negative interaction between capital, labour, energy and imported technology. Small population and non-oil natural resources are major developmental barriers. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Al Mustakbal Al Arabi (in Arabic) Centre for Arab Unity Studies Beirut - Lebanon, Nov. 1985.
- The Arab Economics Report. Union of Arab Chambers of Commerce, Bejrut 1987, (pełny tekst w j. arabskim).
- The Economics and Industrial Research Division, GCC, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 1989.
- The Resource Base for Industrialization, The C.C. of Arab States of the Gulf secretariat General Riyadh, Printed 1985.
- Cited by