- Anis Azilah (Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences International Islamic University Malaysia), Islam Rafikul (Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences International Islamic University Malaysia)
- Improving Teaching Efficiency: an Application of QFD and AHP
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making / University of Economics in Katowice, 2011, vol. 6, s. 9-35, rys., tab., bibliogr. 19 poz.
- Jakość, Edukacja
- Korespondencja z redakcją: numeracja wpisana za zgodą redakcji (wynika z ciągłości wydawniczej serii MCDM) - brak numeracji na stronie tytułowej
- HSBL University College is one of the privately run institutions of higher learning in Malaysia which offers, among others, various programs in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration. A recent survey conducted by the Faculty of Business (FB) of HSBL found that the students were not fully satisfied with the teaching and learning system of the college. The present work has been carried out to identify the FB students' requirements to improve the efficacy of the teaching and learning system. Having identified the requirements, a number of lecturers were contacted to extract the design requirements that would address the students' needs. The novelty of the paper is that Quality Function Deployment and Analytic Hierarchy Process both have been applied to derive the priorities of the design requirements. The results obtained by the above two methods have shown close resemblance. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Full text
- Abrami P.C. (1989): How Should We Use Student Rating To Evaluate Teaching. "Research in Higher Education", Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 221-227.
- Bier I.D., Cornesky R. (2001): Using QFD to Construct a Higher Education Curriculum. "Quality Progress", Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 64-68.
- Doherty G.D. (2008): On Quality in Education. "Quality Assurance in Education", Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 255-265.
- Ermer D.S. (1995): Using QFD Becomes an Educational Experience for Students and Faculty. "Quality Progress", Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 131-136.
- Evans J.R., Lindsay W.M. (2005): The Management and Control of Quality. 6th ed. South Western, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Hilmer S.C., Hilmer B.H., Wilson B., Yochim J. (1995): Applying Quality Function Deployment to Improve MBA Education. In: Academic Initiatives in Total Quality for Higher Education. Edited by H.V. Roberts. ASQC Quality Press, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Hwarng B.H, Teo C. (2000): Applying QFD in Higher Education. "Quality Congress ASQ's Annual Quality Congress Proceedings", pp. 255-264.
- Hwarng B.H., Teo C. (2001): Translating Customers' Voice into Operations Requirements - a QFD Application in Higher Education. "International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management", Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 195-226.
- Jaraiedi M., Ritz D. (1994): Total Quality Management Applied to Engineering Education. "Quality Assurance in Education", Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 32-40.
- Lam K., Zhao, X. (1998): An Application of Quality Function Deployment to Improve the Quality of Teaching. "International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management", Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 389-413.
- Mohamad S.O., Aspinwall E.M. (1998): An Application of Quality Function of Deployment for the Improvement of Quality in an Engineering Department. "European Journal of Engineering Education", Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 105-115.
- Pitman G., Motwani J., Kumar A., Cheng C.H. (1996): QFD Application in an Educational Setting: A Pilot Field Study. "Journal of Quality and Reliability Management". Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 99-108.
- Peters H.M, Kethley B.R, Bullington K. (2005): Course Design Using the House of Quality. "Journal of Education for Business", Vol. 80, pp. 309-315.
- Rosenshine B., Furst N. (1973): Research on Teacher Performance Criteria. In: Research in Teacher Education: A Symposium. Edited by B.O. Smith. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, pp. 37-72.
- Salih O.D., Umar M.T., Faisel M.H. (2003): Quality Function Deployment to designing a Basic Statistic Course. "International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management", Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 740-750.
- Sandvik P.W., Hakun W. (1996): Student Focused Design and Improvement of University Course. "Managing Service Quality", Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 434-443.
- Sohail M.S., Jagatheesan R., Nor Azlin A.R. (2003): Managing Quality in Higher Education: A Malaysian Case Study. "The International Journal of Educational Management", Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 141-146.
- Swan B.G., Cano J., Washington, S.M. (2003): Improving Your Effectiveness as a Teacher. "NACTA Journal".
- Wan Jaafar W.E. (1996): Measuring Total Quality at Institutions of Higher Education in Malaysia. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi.
- Cited by