- Gładysz Barbara, Kuchta Dorota
- Multicriterial Examination Timetabling with Uncertain Information
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making / University of Economics in Katowice, 2010, vol. 5, s. 97-111, rys., bibliogr. 11 poz.
- Harmonogram, Podejście wielomodelowe, Zbiory rozmyte
Schedule, Multiple-model approach, Fuzzy sets
- summ., Korespondencja z redakcją: numeracja wpisana za zgodą redakcji (wynika z ciągłości wydawniczej serii MCDM) - brak numeracji na stronie tytułowej
- We consider examination timetabling at a university. This problem has been widely treated in the literature (e.g. . , ); however, we propose a new approach, which belongs to the family of robust approaches. The main obvious assumption is that two examination sessions sharing at least one student cannot be scheduled at the same time. This scheduling problem will be stated as a graph coloring problem. The stability of the solution scheduled is desirable in the sense that it remains valid also when, unexpectedly, some additional students want to take the exams, for example those who failed in earlier examination sessions. This stability is defined as the robustness of examination scheduling. In ,  a probabilistic robustness measure has been proposed. We propose a fuzzy approach, similarly as in . We consider three different schedule robustness measures: mean value of the fuzzy number of examination conflicts considered in , and two new measures, put forward in this paper: the cardinality of the fuzzy number of session conflicts and the possibility that the fuzzy number of session conflicts is 0. We also consider a multicriterial approach with the minimization of the examination session days and the maximization of schedule robustness. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Full text
- Asmuni H., Burke E.K., Garibaldi J.M., Mccollum B., Parkes A.J: An Investigation of Fuzzy Multiple Heuristic Orderings in the Construction of University Examination Timetables. "Computers & Operations Research" 2009, 36(4), pp. 981-1001.
- Chanas S., Nowakowski M.: Single Value Simulation of Fuzzy Variable. "Fuzzy Sets and Systems" 1988, 25, pp. 43-57.
- Gładysz B.: Fuzzy Robust Courses Scheduling Problem. "Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making" 2007, 6, pp. 155-161.
- Gładysz B., Kuchta D.: Minimisation of the Expected Number of Late Jobs in a Single Machine System with Fuzzy Processing Times and Fuzzy Due Dates. "Operation Research and Decision" 2003, 4, pp. 33-41.
- Gładysz B., Kuchta D.: Minimization of the Expected Weighted Number of Jobs Being Late With Fuzzy Processing Time in a One Machine System. In: Third Conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology. EUSFLAT 2003. Proceedings. Eds. M. Wagenknecht, H. Rainer. Zittau, Germany, September 10-12, 2003. Zittau: EUSFLAT, pp. 582-585.
- Gładysz B., Kuchta D.: Courses Scheduling Problem with Uncertainty Information. In: Operation Research Methods and Applications. Ed. D. Kopańska-Bródka. University of Economics Press, Katowice 2008, pp. 73-85 (in Polish).
- Kacprzyk J.: Fuzzy Sets in System Analysis (in Polish). Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warsaw 1986.
- Lewis R: A Survey of Metaheuristic-based Techniques for University Timetabling Problems. "OR Spectrum" 2008, 30(1), pp.167-190.
- Pillay N., Banzhaf W.: A Study of Heuristic Combinations for Hyper-Heuristic Systems for the Uncapacitated Examination Timetabling Problem. "European Journal of Operational Research" 2009, 197, pp. 482-491.
- Yanez J., Ramirez J.: The Robust Coloring Problem. "European Journal of Operational Research" 2003, 148, pp. 546-558.
- Zadeh L.A.: Fuzzy Sets. "Information and Control" 1965, 8, pp. 338-353.
- Cited by