- Czarny Bogusław
- More about value judgements in economics : : review of the book "Economics as Applied Ethics. Value Judgements in Welfare Economics"
- International Journal of Management and Economics, 2012, nr 36, s. 162-170, bibliogr. 12 poz.
Zeszyty Naukowe / Szkoła Główna Handlowa. Kolegium Gospodarki Światowej
- Ekonomia dobrobytu, Płaca minimalna, Badania empiryczne
Welfare economics, Minimum wage, Empirical researches
- Wilfred Beckerman's textbook entitled Economics as Applied Ethics. Value Judgements in Welfare Economics has been published by Palgrave MacMillan. The monograph is intended for students who are completing their studies of economics and are interested in connections between economics and ethics. In the Introduction Beckerman states: "[A]lthough ... the value judgements inherent in welfare economics are not prominent in economic research or education, students of the subject, or politicians, ought not to be left with the impression that economics is a value-free objective science." (original abstract)
- The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Archibald, G.C. (1959) Welfare Economics, Ethics, and Essentialism, "Economica", Vol. 26, No. 104.
- Blaug, M. (1992) Methodology of Economics. Or How Economists Explain, Cambridge University Press, Cam-bridge.
- Blaug, M. (1998) The Positive-Normative Distinction, in: The Handbook of Economic Methodology, ed. by J. B. Davis, D. W. Hands and U. Maki, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham et al.
- Czarny, B. (2010) Pozytywizm a sądy wartościujące w ekonomii, Oficyna Wydawnicza SGH, Warszawa 2010.
- Hennipman, P. (1976) Pareto Optimality: Value Judgement or Analytical Tool, in: Relevance and Precision. From Quantitative Analysis to Economy Policy, ed. by J. S. Carmer, A. Heertje, A., P. Venekamp, North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- Hennipman, P. (1982) Welfare Economics is in Impasse: Some Observations on Mishans Vision, "De Economist", No. 4.
- Hennipman, P. (1984a) Normative or Positive: Mishans Half-Way House, "De Economist", No. 1.
- Hennipman, P. (1984b) The Nature of Welfare Economics: A Final Note, "De Economist", No. 2.
- Hennipman, P. (1992) The Reasoning of a Great Methodologist: Mark Blaug on the Nature of Paretian Welfare Economics, "De Economist", No. 4.
- Hennipman, P. (1993) Moving in Circles: Blaug Once Again on the Nature of Paretian Welfare Economics, "De Economist", No. 2.
- Mishan, E. (1984) Welfare Criteria: Concluding Comments, "De Economist", No. 2.
- Ng, Y-K. (1992) Welfare Economics: Introduction and Development of Basic Concepts, Macmillan, London.
- Cited by