- Kozuń-Cieślak Grażyna (Wyższa Szkoła Ekonomii, Prawa i Nauk Medycznych im. prof. Edwarda Lipińskiego w Kielcach)
- Emerging Market Economies as FDI Host Countries during the Financial and Economic Crisis
- Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego. Finanse, Rynki Finansowe, Ubezpieczenia, 2009, nr 16, s. 291-305, rys., tab., bibliogr. 9 poz.
- Kryzys finansowy, Inwestycje zagraniczne, Kryzys gospodarczy
Financial crisis, Foreign investment, Economic crisis
- Foreign direct investments are an important factor of the economic development - it is the most advanced form of foreign capital inflow because, besides money, it supplies the know-how. The year 2008 marked the end of a growth cycle in international investment that started in 2004. Due to the impact of the on-going worldwide financial and economic crisis, FDI flows could decline by more than 20% in 2008. A further decrease in FDI flows can be expected in 2009. The purpose of this research is to reply the following questions:
- which developing countries are recognized as emerging market economies and what does their economic situation look like,
- which of them have been leaders in terms of FDI attraction,
- which emerging markets have the best chance to gain foreign capital interest during the crisis. (original abstract)
- The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
Szczecin University Main Library
- CIA The World Fact-book, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/xx.html.
- Handbook of Statistics On-Line, www.unctad.org.
- OECD benchmark definition of foreign direct investment. Third Edition, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, 1999, http://www.unctad.org.
- S&P Emerging Markets Indices. Standard and Poor's, 31.12.2007.
- Standard & Poor 's Emerging Markets Indices Methodology. November 2007.
- The role of FDI in emerging market economies compared to other forms of financing: past develop- ments and implications for financial stability. Deutsche Bundesbank, International Relations Department, J2/J2-2, Frankfurt 2003.
- World Bank data online www.worldbank.com.
- World Investment Report 2002. UNCTAD, New York-Geneva 2002.
- World Investment Report 2008. UNCTAD, New York-Geneva 2008.
- Cited by