- Ramlee Shamshubaridah, Berma Madeline
- Excess and Access: Issues in the Financing of Small and Medium Enterprises in Malaysia
- Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego. Finanse, Rynki Finansowe, Ubezpieczenia, 2008, nr 13, s. 257-270, rys.,tab., bibliogr. 13 poz.
- Małe i średnie przedsiębiorstwa, Finansowanie przedsiębiorstwa
Small business, Financing enterprises
- , summ.
- The paper discusses the issue of financing SMEs in Malaysia. lt focuses mainly on financing options available to SMEs in Malaysia, and the accessibility of funds to the SME borrowers. The evidence indicates that the problem of financing is no longer related to limited availability but also ac- cessibility. The paper argues that despite the availability of numerous financing programmes to address the supply of funds for SMEs, they continue to experience difficulty in accessing cheap institu- tional funds.(original abstract)
- The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
Szczecin University Main Library
- Berger, A.N and G.F. Udell. 2006. A More Complete Conceptual Framework for SME Finance. Journal of Banking and Finance (forthcoming).
- Gomez, Edmund Terence, Hsin-Huang Michael Hsiao and Xinhuang Xiao.2003. Chinese Business in Southeast Asia: Contesting Cultural Explanations. London: Routledge Books.
- Hong Liu 1998. Old Linkages, New Networks: The Globalization of Overseas Chinese Yoluntary As-sociations and Its Implications The China Quarterly, No. 155. (Sep., 1998), pp. 582-609.
- Kolari, JW and Benton E Gup. 2005. Commercial Banking: The Management of Risk. 3rd Edition. London: Wiley & Sons.
- Madeline Berma & Shamshubaridah Ramlee. 2006. Cost of Doing Business for SMEs: Comparative Analysis Between Indonesia and Malaysia. Proceedings International Conference: Creating Regional Cooperation. Universitas Hassanuddin Makassar and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 22 NoYcmber, 2006, Makasar, Indonesia. (Bahasa Malaysia)
- Marzunisham Omar. 2006. "Enhancing Access to Financing by Smali & Medium Enterprises in Malaysia" Paper presented at 2nd International Conference on Financial Systems: Competitiveness of the Financial Sector 15 December 2006, Tokyo. (http://www.fsa.go.jp/frtc/20061205/09.pdf).
- Mohammad Ali Bahrum, 2005. Ar-Rahnu: A New Era in MicroFinance in Malaysia. (http:// www.ica.coop/gender/seminars/2005-cartagena-angkasa.ppt.).
- Nor Azian Ghazali et.al., 2005. The Role of Private Sector Development in Regional Economic Growth and Financial Integration. Report submitted to ASEAN SECRETARIAT, Jakarta, Indonesia (Unpublished).
- Elsa Bawani Satkunasingam and Bala Shanmugam. 2006 Underground Banking in Malaysia: A Case Study of ROSCAs. Journal of Money Laundering Control. Vol. 9, No. 1: 99 - 111.
- Shamshubaridah Ramlee & Madeline Berma, 2006a. To Give or Not To Give: Dilemma of a Specialized Financial Institution to SME Borrowers. Book of Abstracts 3rd International Conference on Smali and Medium Enterprises: Management, Marketing and Economic Aspects. Organised by The Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER), Lefkada, Greece, 29-31 August, 2006.
- Shamshubaridah Ramlee & Madeline Berma, 2006b. Specialized Financial Institution: A Quencher to the Thirst of SMEs' Financial Needs. Proceedings of the Malaysian Research Group International Conference. Organized by Malaysian Research Group and University of Salford, Eng-land. 16-19 June, 2006: 17-23.
- Shamshubaridah Ramlee & Madeline Berma. 2007. Financing Stability Among Malaysian SMES:AMirage? Book of Abstracts lOth National Conference Indonesia-Malaysia. Co-organised by Universitas Panjajaran, Indonesia - Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 29 May 2007. (Bahasa Malaysia)
- UNDP. 2007. Malaysia: Building an Enabling Enviroimient. Kuala Lumpur: UNDP Malaysia.
- Cited by