- Seroen Jean-Dominique (Haute Ecole "Groupe ICHEC-ISC ST-LOUIS", Brussels)
- The Coordination of Programs of Studies in a Business School : a Matrix Approach : Is Coordination Merely an Operational Issue?
- Prace Naukowe / Akademia Ekonomiczna w Katowicach. Harmonizacja planów i koordynacja programów studiów, 2006, s. 45-68, rys., tab.
- Edukacja ekonomiczna, Zarządzanie szkolnictwem, Szkolnictwo wyższe, Wyższe szkoły ekonomiczne
Economic education, Education management, Higher education, Higher economic schools
- The purpose of this paper is not to come with "a ready for use solution" but to raise some questions that help a better understanding of the various dimensions related to the coordination in such organizations. More particulary, it will to give astrategic management perspective rather than the traditional operational approach. Finally, it will explore and outline a possible alternative, when the existing functioning process needs to be improved. In order to guide our thoughts it will refer main theoretical management models defined respectively by Michael Porter (competitive analysis), by Hamel and Prahalad (core competencies) and by Henri Mintzberg (organizational configurations). Undoubtedly, many other management models exist among which BCG, SWOT, Marketing mix, Kay's distinctive capabilities, etc. Each of them focuses on one or another aspect of strategic management (market competitiveness, innovation, organization etc.) and could have been applied with relevance but it was necessary to choose of them which could best illustrate our purpose. (fragment of text)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Bailetti A.J., Callahan J.R., DiPietro P.: A Coordination Structure Approach to the Management of Projects. Carleton University. Ottawa. Canada. November 1994.
- Hafeez K., Zhang Y., Malak.: Core Competence for Sustainable Competitive Advantage: A Structured Methodology for identifying Core Competence. IEEE 2002.
- Hamel G., Prahalad C.K.: The Core Competence of the Corporation. "Harvard Business Review" 1990 May-June, pp. 79-91.
- Lynn Meek V.: Market Coordination, Research Management and Future of Higher Education in the Postindustrial Era. University of New England, Australia, Paris. September 2003.
- Markides C.C., Williamson P.J.: Related Diversification, Core Competences and Corporate Performance. "Strategic N. Management Journal" 1994. Iss. 15 (Special Issue Summer), pp. 149-165.
- Mintzberg H., Mintzberg on Management: Inside Our Strange World of Organizations. Free Press, New York 1990.
- Mintzberg H.: Managers not MBAs, 2004.
- Porter M.E.: Competitive analysis. Free Press, New York 1998.
- Stevens F., van der Eist M.: Key Management Models. Prentice Hall, Pearson Education. London 2003.
- The Economist, Special report Higher Education: Free degrees to fly, 26/02/05, pp. 63-65.
- Cited by