- Marzec Izabela (Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny w Katowicach)
- Mentoring culture as employees' career success factor in Polish organizations
- Edukacja Ekonomistów i Menedżerów : problemy, innowacje, projekty, 2014, nr 3 (33), s. 119-132, tab. bibliogr. poz. 27
Education of Economists and Managers : problems, innovations, projects
- Mentoring, Pracownicy w organizacji, Rozwój kariery zawodowej, Sukces zawodowy, Kultura
Mentoring, Employees in the organization, Career development, Career success, Culture
- Changes in employment relationships and the spread of flexible forms of employment call for the search for such methods of employee development that would better fit the needs of both employees and Polish organizations in a turbulent environment. Studies of litera- ture on the subject point out the importance of mentoring culture for the development of employees' competences and their career success. This paper tries to answer the question: in what way creating the culture of mentoring can contribute to employee objective and subjective career success in organizations? This goal will be achieved by presenting the results of a survey research carried out in 155 organizations operating in southern Poland. Generally, the findings suggest that mentoring culture is positively related to subjective success but it is not connected with objective success of employees. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Full text
- Bally, J.M., (2007), The role of nursing leadership in creating a mentoring culture in acute care environments, "Nursing Economics", 3(25), pp. 143-148.
- Bates, R., Khasawneh, S., (2005), Organizational learning culture, learning transfer climate and perceived innovation in Jordanian organizations, "International Journal of Training and Development", 9(2), pp. 96-108.
- Bozionelos, N., (2003), Intra-organizational network resources: relation to career success and personality, "International Journal of Organizational Analysis", 11(1), pp. 41-66.
- Bozionelos, N., (2006), Mentoring and expressive network resources: their relationship with career success and emotional exhaustion among Hellenes employees involved in emotion work, "International Journal of Human Resource Management", 17(2), pp. 362-378.
- Bozionelos, N., Wang, L., (2006), The relationship of mentoring and network resources with career success in the Chinese organizational environment, "International Journal of Human Resource Management", 17(9), pp. 1531-1546.
- Bryant, S.E., Terborg, J.R., (2008), Impact of Peer Mentor Training on Creating and Sharing Organizational Knowledge, "Journal of Managerial Issues", 20(1), pp. 11-29.
- CBOS (2009), Polacy o swoim zadowoleniu z życia. Opinie z lat 1994-2008, Report BS/5/2009, Warsaw: CBOS.
- Clutterbuck, D., (2004), Everyone Needs Mentor. Fostering Talent in Your Organisation, London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Dansky, K.H. 1996. The Effects of Group Mentoring on Career Outcomes, "Group and Organization Management", 21(1), pp. 5-21.
- Dobosz-Bourne, D., Jankowicz, A.D., (2006), Reframing Resistance to Change: Experience from General Motors Poland, "International Journal of Human Resource Management", 17(12), pp. 2021-2034.
- Eddy, E.R., Tannenbaum, S.I., Lorenzet, S.J. Smith-Jentsch, K.A., (2005), The Influence of a Continuous Learning Environment on Peer Mentoring Behaviors, "Journal of Managerial Issues", 17(3), pp. 383-395.
- Gattiker, U., Larwood, L., (1986), Subjective career success: a study of managers and support personnel, "Journal of Business and Psychology", 1(2), pp. 78-94.
- Headlam-Wells, J., Craig, J., Gosland, J., (2006), Encounters in social cyberspace: e-mentoring for professional women, "Women in Management Review", 21(6), pp. 483-499.
- Judge, T.A., Cable, D.M., Boudreau, J.W., Bretz, R.D. Jr, (1995), An Empirical Investigation of the Predictors of Executive Career Success, "Personnel Psychology", 48(5), pp. 485-519.
- Kolman, L., Noorderhaven, N.G., Hofstede, G., Dienes, E., (2003), Cross-cultural differences in Central Europe, "Journal of Managerial Psychology", 18(1/2), pp. 76-88.
- Kram, K.E., (1983), Phases of the mentor relationship, "Academy of Management Journal", 26(4), pp. 608-625.
- Kram, K.E., Isabella, L.A. 1985. Mentoring alternatives: the role of peer relationships in career development, "Academy of Management Journal", 28(1), pp. 110-132.
- Marzec, I., Van der Heijden, B.I.J.M. 2003. Podtrzymywanie przydatności zawodowej pracowników małych i średnich firm ICT, "Zarządzanie Zasobami Ludzkimi", 3, pp. 65-75.
- Marzec, I., Van der Heijden, B.I.J.M., Scholaros, D., Van der Schoot, E., Jędrzejowicz, P., Bozionelos, N., Epitropaki, O., Knauth, P., Mikkelsen, A., Van der Heijde, C., (2009), Employability Management Practices in the Polish ICT Sector." Human Resource Development International", 12(5), pp. 471-492.
- Mikkelsen A., Ogaard T., Lovrich N., (2004), Modeling the effects of organizational setting and individual coping style on employees subjective health, job satisfaction and commitment, "Public Administration Quarterly", 24, pp. 371-397.
- Ng, T.W.H., Eby, L.T., Sorensen, K.L., Feldman, D.C., (2005), Predictors of Objective and Subjective Career Success: A Meta-Analysis, "Personnel Psychology", 58, pp. 367-408.
- Parsloe, E., Wray, M., (2002), Trener i mentor. Udział coachingu i mentoringu w doskonaleniu procesu uczenia się, Kraków: Oficyna Ekonomiczna.
- Ragins, B.R., Cotton, J.L., (1999), Mentor functions and outcomes: A comparison of men and women in formal and informal mentoring relationships, "Journal of Applied Psychology", 84(4), pp. 529-550.
- Ragins, B.R., Cotton, J.L., Miller, J.S., (2000), Marginal mentoring: The effects of type of mentor, quality of relationship, and program design on work and career attitudes, "Academy of Management Journal", 43(6), pp. 1177-1194.
- Seibert, S.E., Kraimer, M.L., Liden, R.C., (2001), A Social Capital Theory of Career Success, "Academy of Management Journal", 44(2), pp. 219-237.
- Sosik, J.J., Lee, D., Bouquillon, E.A., (2005), Context and Mentoring: Examining Formal and Informal Relationship in High Tech Firms and K-12 Schools, "Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies", 12(2), pp. 94-108.
- Weinstein, M., Obłój, K., (2002), Strategic and Environmental Determinants of HRM Innovations in Post-Socialist Poland, "International Journal of Human Resource Management", 13(4), pp. 642-659.
- Cited by
- URI / DOI