- Tikkiwal G.C. (Jai Narain Vyas University, India), Rai Piyush Kant (Banasthali University)
- A Composite Estimator for Small Domains and Its Sensitivity Interval for Weights α
- Statistics in Transition, 2009, vol. 10, nr 2, s. 269-275, bibliogr. s. 274-275
- Statystyka małych obszarów, Metody statystyczne, Estymacja
Small area estimates, Statistical methods, Estimation
- The composite estimation methods, suggested in the literature, have major problems to deal with the estimation of optimum weights to combine synthetic and direct estimators. To take care of the absence of optimum weights, we have obtained the sensible interval of involved weights in the form of better performance interval of the weights with a view to retaining superiority for the different composite estimators i.e. for the direct ratio vs. synthetic ratio composite estimator and simple direct vs. synthetic ratio composite estimator. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Full text
- Agrawal, M.C. and Roy, D.C. (1997). Efficient Estimators for Small Domains. Jour. Ind. Soc. Ag. Statistics 52(3), 327-337.
- Ghosh, M. and Rao, J.N.K. (1994). Small Area Estimation: An appraisal. Statistical Science, 9, 55- 93.
- Hedayat, A.S. and Sinha, B.K. (1991). Design and Inference in Finite Population Sampling. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Platek, R., Rao, J.N.K., Sarndal, C.E. and Singh, M.P. (1987). Small Area Statistics: An International Symposium. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Purcell, N.J. and Kish, L. (1979). Estimation for small domain. Biometrics, 35, 365-384.
- Sarndal, C.E., Swensson, B. and Wretman, J. (1992). Model Assisted Survey Sampling. Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Tikkiwal, B.D. and Tikkiwal, G.C. (1991). Sampling strategies in surveys. The role of the theory of T-classes and computers. Symposium Ind. Agri. Stat. Research Institute, New Delhi, 287- 296.
- Tikkiwal, G.C. and Gupta A.K. (1991). Estimation of population mean under successive sampling when various weights and regression coefficient are unknown. Biometrical Journal, 33, 529-538.
- Tikkiwal, G.C. and Ghiya, Alka (2000). A generalized class of synthetic estimators with application to crop acreage estimation for small domains. Biometrical Journal, 42 (7), 865-876.
- Tikkiwal, G.C. and Ghiya, A. (2004). A generalized class of composite estimators with application of crop acreage estimation for small domains. Statistics in Transition, 6(5), 697- 711.
- Tikkiwal, G.C. and Pandey, K.K. (2007). On Some Aspects of Small Area Estimation Using Auxiliary Information. Ph.D. Thesis under supervision of Prof. G.C. Tikkiwal, Head of Department of Mathematics and Statistics J.N.V. University Jodhpur Rajasthan.
- Cited by