- Farmakis Nicolas (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Searching for Periodicities in Data Series
- Statistics in Transition, 2009, vol. 10, nr 2, s. 317-335, tab., bibliogr. s. 334-335
- Algorytmy, Statystyka matematyczna
Algorithms, Mathematical statistics
- A new idea for searching and mining latent periodicities from labeled data (time series, aminoacid or DNA sequences, etc.) is proposed. This new method is based on systematic sampling procedures. A materializing algorithm is proposed and some supporting theoretical results are given. This method is very useful for biologists, environmental researchers, financial researchers and managers, etc., etc. Also some illustrating examples are given. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
The Main Library of the Wroclaw University of Economics
- Full text
- COCHRAN, W. (1977) "Sampling Techniques", John Wiley & Sons, New York, Toronto.
- FARMAKIS, N. (2002) "Introduction to Sampling", Editing A & P Cristodoulidi, Thessaloniki, (in Greek).
- KOROTKOV, E.V., KOROTKOVA, M.A. (1995) "Latent Periodicity of DNA Sequences from Some Human Gene Regions", DNA Sequence-The Journal of Sequencing and Mapping, Vol. 5, pp 353-358.
- PASQUIER, C., PROBONAS, V., VARVAYANNIS, N., HAMODRAKAS, S.(1998) "A Web Server to Locate Periodicities in a Sequence", Bioinformatics App. Note, Vol. 14, No 8, pp 749-750.
- THOMSON, M. E. (1997) "Theory of Sample Surveys", Chapman & Hall, London, New York.
- THOMSON, S. K. (1992) "Sampling", John Wiley & Sons, New York, Toronto.
- Cited by