- Bazydło Piotr (Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Warsaw), Szewczyk Roman (Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Warsaw), Urbański Michał (Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Warsaw)
- An Integrated Dynamic Weighing System Based on SCADA
- Operations Research and Decisions, 2015, vol. 25, no. 2, s. 5-18, rys., tab., bibliogr. 6 poz.
- Integracja systemów, Zbieranie danych, Przetwarzanie danych, Wizualizacja danych, Algorytmy
Systems integration, Data collection, Data processing, Data visualisation, Algorithms
- summ., The research presented in this paper has been supported by the European Union within the European Regional Development Fund program, contract number POIG.01.03.01-14-086/12
- A prototyped dynamic weighing system has been presented which integrates together three advanced software environments: MATLAB, LabVIEW and iFIX SCADA. They were used for advanced signal processing, data acquisition, as well as visualization and process control. Dynamic weighing is a constantly developing field of metrology. Because of the highly complicated structure of any electronic weighing module, it is vulnerable to many sources of environmental disturbances. For this reason, there is a lot of research concerned with weighing signal processing, mechanical matters and functionality of the system. In the paper, some issues connected with dynamic weighing have been presented, and the necessity of implementing signal processing methods has been discussed. Implementation of this feature is impossible in the majority of SCADA systems. The integration of the three environments mentioned above is an attempt to create an industrial system with capabilities to deal with major dynamic weighing problems. It is innovative because it connects the industrial SCADA, laboratory/industrial product LabVIEW and MATLAB. In addition, the algorithms responsible for process control and data exchange are presented. The paper includes a description of the capabilities, performance tests, as well as benefits and drawbacks, of the system. The outcome of the research is a prototyped system and evaluation of its usefulness. (original abstract)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of Warsaw School of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
- Full text
- YAMAZAKI T., SAKURAI Y., OHNISHI H., KOBAYASHIM., Continuous mass measurement in checkweighers and conveyor belt scales, Proceedings of the 41st SICE Annual Conference 2002, Osaka, Japan, 2002, 1, 470-474.
- Dynamic Checkweighers DWT/HL/HPW, RADWAG Information Note, 2013.
- BAZYDŁO P., URBAŃSKI M., KAMIŃSKI M., SZEWCZYK R., Influence of the environment on operation of checkweigher in industrial conditions, Recent Advances in Automation, Robotics and Measuring Techniques, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2014, 267, 567-577.
- UGODZIŃSKI R., GOSIEWSKI Ł., SZEWCZYK R., FPGA based processing unit for a checkweigher, Recent Advances in Automation, Robotics and Measuring Techniques, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2014, 267, 713-719.
- ENDI M., ELHALWAGY Y.Z., HASHAD A., Three-layer PLC/SCADA system architecture in process automation and data monitoring, 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering, ICCAE 2010, 2010, 2, paper No. 5451799, 774-779.
- MEHMOOD M.O., OWAIS M., AFTAB M.S., SHAMIM F., NOMANI S., National Instruments® LabVIEW™ based pharmaceutical medication device with supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA), Proceedings IEEE SOUTHEASTCON, 2009, paper No. 5174064, 137-141.
- Cited by
- URI / DOI