- Lypchuk Vasyl (Lviv National Agrarian University, Ukraine), Voytovych Nataliya (Lviv National Stepan Gzhytsky University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology, Ukraine)
- Risk Management in the Public Sector
- Scientific Publications / University of Economics in Katowice. Public Risk Management. T. 1, Perspective of Theory and Practice, 2016, s. 64-75
- Ryzyko, Zarządzanie publiczne, Sektor publiczny, Sektor publiczny w gospodarce
Risk, Public governance, Public sector, Public sector in economy
- Risk management is critical to ensuring that attention and resources are devoted to those areas that could potentially impact the organisation the most. While internal auditors are not usually responsible for managing risk, they are often relied upon because of their expertise in evaluating risks and in evaluating internal control design, implementation, and effectiveness. Whether internal or external, strategic, financial, operational or reputational risks - these can significantly hinder the work of public institution. In the current economic and financial context the lack of an adequate approach to risk management is an enormous and real threat to the work of any institution, since nowadays work efficiency and effectiveness in the public sector are more important than ever before. For that reason, it is of extreme importance that public authorities do not rely solely on their intuition in dealing with risks, but use professional formalised risk management as an integral and ongoing part of their general management process. (fragment of text)
- The Main Library of the Cracow University of Economics
The Library of University of Economics in Katowice
The Main Library of Poznań University of Economics and Business
- Banham R. (2005): Enterprising Views of Risk Management. "International Federation of Accountants, Articles of Merit" August.
- Bourn J. (2004): Managing Risks to Improve Public Services. UK National Audit Office Press Notice, 22 October, www.nao.org.uk (accessed: 17.10.2015.
- Bryman A., Bell E. (2015): Business Research Methods. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Cameron K.S. (2003): Managing Risk Across the Public Sector. Ordered to be printed by Authority. Government Printer for the State of Victoria, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Cooper T. (2010): Strategie Risk Management in the Municipal and Public Sector. An Exploration of Critical Success Factors and Barriers to Strategic Risk Management within the Province of NL. The Harris Centre Memorial University, St. John's, NL.
- Jenkins W.O. (2007): Applying Risk Management Principles to Guide Federal Investment. Testimny before the Subcommittee on Homeland Security, Committee on Appriopriations, House of Representative, Washington.
- McPhee I. (2005): Risk and Risk Management in the Public Sector. "Public Sector Governance & Risk Forum" 1 September.
- Vasvari T. (2015): Risk, Risk Perception, Risk Management - a Review of the Literature. "Public Finance Quarterly", Vol. 1, pp. 29-48.
- Warga T. (2005): Keeping our Promise. "Internal Auditor" August.
- Weller A.O., Sayegh L. (1998): Benchmarking Tools for Public Risk Management Programs. "Government Finance Review" October, Vol. 14(5), pp. 41-46.
- Cited by