- Zimon Dominik (Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland)
- Analysis of the Impact of Standardized Quality Management System for the Improvement of Cooperation in the Supply Chain on the Basis of Small and Medium-Sized Organizations
- Journal of Positive Management, 2016, vol. 7, nr 2, s. 36-45, rys., bibliogr. 20 poz.
- Małe i średnie przedsiębiorstwa, Normy ISO 9001, Łańcuch dostaw, Współpraca
Small business, ISO 9001, Supply chain, Cooperation
- Purpose: The main objective of this publication was to investigate the influence of standardized quality management system according to ISO 9001 on the improvement of cooperation in the supply chain from the point of view of small and medium-sized organizations.
Design/methodology/approach: The study was conducted in March and April 2014 using a technique online survey. Surveys were sent to a group of 150 small and medium-sized organizations carrying out their activities in the southern Polish. For the analysis classified 30 correctly completed questionnaires survey. In the study group there were 12 small and 18 medium-sized organizations.
Findings: Analysis of the results showed for positive relationships between the implementation of ISO 9001 and integration with suppliers. In addition, respondents highly evaluated the impact of a standardized system for the improvement of procedures to support collaboration with suppliers.
Research limitations/implications: Research for take into account only a narrow aspect of the functioning of the system. Decision on implementation should take into account a number of studies relating to: the effect of ISO on the financial results, the workload for system maintenance, the costs of audits and actions perfected etc.
Practical implications: Test results may be helpful in deciding whether to implement a quality management system in small and medium-sized organizations.
Originality/value: In Polish literature there is still relatively little research on the impact of quality management systems for the betterment of logistics processes. (original abstract)
- Full text
- Aggelogiannopoulos, D., Drosinos, E. H., Athanasopoulos, P. (2007), "Implementation of a quality management system (QMS) according to the ISO 9000 family in a Greek small-sized winery: A case study", Food control, Vol. 18 No. 9, pp. 1077-1085. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2006.07.010
- Fotopoulos, C. V., Psomas, E. L., Vouzas, F. K. (2010), "ISO 9001: 2000 implementation in the Greek food sector", The TQM Journal, Vol. 22 No. 2, pp. 129-142. DOI: http:// dx.doi.org/10.1108/17542731011024255
- Ghobadian, A., Gallear, D. N. (1996), "Total quality management in SMEs", Omega, Vol. 24 No. 1, pp. 83-106. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0305-0483(95)00055-0
- Gotzamani, K. D., Tsiotras, G. D., Nicolaou, M., Nicolaides, A., Hadjiadamou, V. (2007), "The contribution to excellence of ISO 9001: the case of certified organisations in Cyprus", The TQM Magazine, Vol. 19 No. 5, pp. 388-402. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09544780710817838
- Gustafsson, R., Klefsjö, B., Berggren, E., Granfors-Wellemets, U. (2001), "Experiences from implementing ISO 9000 in small enterprises-a study of Swedish organisations", The TQM Magazine, Vol. 13 No. 4, pp. 232-246. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09544780110366088
- Haffer, R. (2010), "Towards business excellence. The case of Poland", Journal of Positive Management, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 97-109. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/JPM.2010.008
- Kadłubek, M., Grabara, J. (2015), "Customers' expectations and experiences within chosen aspects of logistic customer service quality", International Journal for Quality Research, Vol. 9 No. 2, pp. 256-278.
- Lewis, W. G., Fai Pun, K., Lalla, T. R. (2006), "Empirical investigation of the hard and soft criteria of TQM in ISO 9001 certified small and medium-sized enterprises", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 23 No. 8, pp. 964-985. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02656710610688167
- Magd, H., Curry, A. (2003), "An empirical analysis of management attitudes towards ISO 9001: 2000 in Egypt", The TQM Magazine, Vol. 15 No. 6, pp. 381-390. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09544780310502714
- Murmura, F., Casolani, N., Liberatore, L., Vicentini, A. (2016), "An empirical analysis of ISO 9001: 2008 application in Italian services and manufacturing companies", Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, pp. 1-12. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14783363.2016.1237286
- Okay, S., Semiz, S. (2013), "The effects of ISO 9000 quality management system implementation in small and medium-sized textile enterprises: Turkey experience", African Journal of Business Management, Vol. 7 No. 42, pp. 4311-4313.
- Quazi, H. A., Padibjo, S. R. (1998) "A journey toward total quality management through ISO 9000 certification-a study on small-and medium-sized enterprises in Singapore" International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 1 No. 5, pp. 489-508. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02656719810196225
- Poksinska, B., Eklund, J. A., Jörn Dahlgaard, J. (2006), "ISO 9001: 2000 in small organisations: Lost opportunities, benefits and influencing factors", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 23 No. 5, pp. 490-512. DOI: http://dx.doi. org/10.1108/02656710610664578
- Psomas, E. L., Fotopoulos, C. V., Kafetzopoulos, D. P. (2011), "Core process management practices, quality tools and quality improvement in ISO 9001 certified manufacturing companies", Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 17 No. 3, pp. 437-460. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/14637151111136360
- Santos, G., Barros, S., Mendes, F., Lopes, N. (2013), "The main benefits associated with health and safety management systems certification in Portuguese small and medium enterprises post quality management system certification", Safety science, Vol. 51 No. 1, pp. 29-36. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2012.06.014
- Sousa-Poza, A., Altinkilinc, M., Searcy, C. (2009) "Implementing a functional ISO 9001 quality management system in small and medium-sized enterprises", International Journal of Engineering, Vol. 3 No. 3, pp. 220-228.
- Wolniak, R. (2014), "Korzyści doskonalenia systemów zarządzania jakością opartych o wymagania normy ISO 9001: 2008", Problemy jakości, Vol. 46 No. 3, pp. 20-25.
- Zimon, D. (2015), "Impact of the implementation of quality management system on operating cost for small and medium-sized business organizations affiliated to a purchasing group", International Journal for Quality Research, Vol. 9 No. 4, pp. 551-564.
- Zimon, D. (2016), "Influence of Quality Management System on Improving Processes in Small and Medium-Sized Organizations", QUALITY-Access to Succes, Vol. 17 No. 150, pp. 61-63.
- Zimon, D., Gazda, A. (2015), "Powiązania z dostawcami-integracja i partnerstwo", Problemy Jakości, No. 2, pp. 15-19.
- Cited by
- URI / DOI