- Prescott Edward C.
- The Depressed U.S. Economy and its Consequences for the Polish Economy
- Master of Business Administration, 2010, vol. 18, nr 2, s. 2-20, tab.
- Słowa kluczowe
- Kryzys gospodarczy, Przyczyny kryzysu, Recesja gospodarcza
Economic crisis, Causes of crisis, Economic recession
- The goal of this lecture is to show the fundamental roots of the contemporary crisis. First of all, it is not enough to talk about a recession of the US economy. The problem is a much more serious one - the American economy is deeply depressed. The contemporary economic problem is not just a phase in the business cycle caused by a temporary chaos in the financial market. Economic activity in the US suffers from structural weaknesses, so there is little hope to see a strong recovery. We should be pessimistic about the growth prospects in the US, but fortunately the future of the Polish economy seems to be brighter. Thanks to the catching-up process and a quite open and not over-regulated economy, economic growth in Poland is going to be dynamic in the nearest future, so we should be optimistic about our incomes and wealth. (original abstract)
- Dostępne w
- Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Krakowie
Biblioteka Szkoły Głównej Handlowej w Warszawie
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Poznaniu
- Pełny tekst
- Cytowane przez