- Murawska Anna (University of Technology and Life Sciences in Bydgoszcz, Poland)
- Managing the Quality of Medical Services from Patients' Perspective - Theory and Reality
- Journal of Positive Management, 2013, vol. 4, nr 1, s. 63-77, tab., bibliogr. 12 poz.
- Słowa kluczowe
- Opieka zdrowotna, Usługi medyczne, Jakość usług medycznych
Health care, Medical services, Quality of medical services
- Purpose: The aim of the article was to asses and analyze the quality management of medical services from the patient perspective. The research focused particularly on service provided by reception staff, nurses and doctors. Factors which directly influence the quality of services were carefully studied.
Methodology: While the study was based on the quota sampling method, researchers used the personal interview technique and the questionnaire. The research was conducted in three healthcare facilities in Bydgoszcz.
Findings: In patients' opinion, the reception staff, nurses and doctors should be praised for outstanding kindness and polite manners. The greatest obstacles in patients' opinion were long appointment waiting times, delayed visits and problems when making an appointment with a specialist doctor.
Implications: Increasing the competitiveness of health care facilities has forced the search for new methods of enhancing the attractiveness of services. The intensity of competition in the market of health care and the expectation of a higher quality of services resulted in the desire to improve the attractiveness, as well as the positive attitude of patients to these institutions. Therefore, it is important to systematically carry out a study to measure the satisfaction of patients and the expectations and suggestions regarding the provision of services. Such studies provide important information so that institutions can grow and adapt to the needs of customers and thereby increase their satisfaction with the service. (original abstract)
- Pełny tekst
- Bukowska-Piestrzyńska, A. (2007), Marketing of Health Services from Image-Building Facility to Customer Satisfaction, CeDeWu, Warszawa.
- Dobska, M., Rogoziński, K. (2008), Fundamentals of Management of the Health Care, PWN, Warszawa.
- Dolan, P., Olsen, J.A. (2008), Distribution of Medical Services. Economic and Ethical Issues, CeDeWu, Warszawa.
- Gordon, T., Sterling Edwards, W. (2009), Talk with the Patient. Handbook Improvement of Communication Skills and Building Partnerships, Academica, Warszawa.
- Jacennik, B. (2010), Social Communicating in Promotion and Protect Health, Vizja, Warszawa.
- Kautsch, M. (Ed.) (2010), Management in Health Care. New Challenges, Wolters Kluwer Polska - Oficyna, Warszawa.
- Krot, K. (2008), Quality and Marketing of Medical Services, ABC - Wolters Kluwer Business, Warszawa.
- Lisiecka, K. (2010), Trends in Improving Services in Health Care, in: Lisiecka- Biełanowicz, M. (Ed.), Trends in Improving the Health Care System in Poland, Ministerstwo Zdrowia, Warszawa.
- Opolski, K., Modzelewski, P. (2004), Quality Management in Public Services, CeDeWu, Warszawa.
- Opolski, K., Dykowska, G., Możdżonek, M. (2009), Quality Management in Health Services. Theory and Practice, CeDeWu, Warszawa.
- Rogoziński, K. (Ed.) (2006), Relationship Management in Services, Difi n, Warszawa.
- Staszewski, R. (2004), The Concept of Quality. From Theory to Practice, in: Głowacka, M.D. (Ed.), Management of Health Institutions. Selected Theoretical and Practical Contexts, Termedia, Poznań.
- Cytowane przez
- URI / DOI