- Urban Rhonda P.
- Why Recent Criticism of the University of Phoenix is Unjustified
- e-mentor, 2007, nr 3, s. 81-84, bibliogr. 11 poz.
- Słowa kluczowe
- Studia podyplomowe, Jakość kształcenia, Pomoc finansowa, Szkolnictwo wyższe
Postgraduate studies, Quality education, Financial aid, Higher education
- Stany Zjednoczone Ameryki
United States of America (USA)
- A recent article in The New York Times "Troubles Grow for a University Built on Profits" has indicated that the University of Phoenix has a low graduation rate for a wide variety of reasons including instructional shortcuts, unqualified professors, and recruiting abuses just to name a few. The University of Phoenix (UOP) makes a big target as the nation's largest university and as with most sensationalism of the media this article lacks complete detail and accuracy of its information in its attack on the University. I will demonstrate how the article in The New York Times is unjustified in stating that the University of Phoenix has a low graduation rate. (original abstract)
- Dostępne w
- Biblioteka Szkoły Głównej Handlowej
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Poznaniu
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego we Wrocławiu
- Department of Education, Program Review Report: University of Phoenix, August 2003, http://www.kroplaw.com/uop/DOE.report.on.UOP.pdf, [04.04.2007]
- Department of Education/Higher Education Act of 1965, Texas Guaranteed Loan Corporation, July 2006, www.tgslc.org/pdf/HEA_Title_IV_Oct02.pdf, [05.04.2007]
- Department of Education/Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Library, Distance Education Demonstration Program, 2004, http://ifap.ed.gov/presentations/attach..., [06.04.2007]
- Department of Education/National Center for Education Services, College Opportunities Online Locator, 2006, http://www.nces.ed.gov/ipeds/cool, [07.04.2007]
- Department of Education/Title IV Programs, University of Phoenix's Processing of Student Financial Aid Disbursements for the Higher Education Act, August 2005, http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oi..., [05.04.2007]
- Department of Education/Title IV Programs, University of Phoenix's Processing of Return of Federal Student Aid for the Higher Education Act, December 2005, http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oi..., [05.04.2007]
- S. Dillon, The New York Times: "Trouble Grows for a University Built on Profits", February 2007, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/11/education/11phoenix.html, [17.03.2007]
- D. Lederman, Inside Higher Education: "University of Phoenix Loses in Court", September 2006, http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2006/09/06/phoenix, [03.04.2007]
- University of Phoenix, College Catalog/Consumer Report 2006-2007, (Page 3 & 31), 2006-2007, http://phoenix.edu/about_us/publications/catalog2006-2006.pdf, [06.04.2007] Additional sites: http://www.phoenix.edu and http://www.universityofphoenix-online.com.
- U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey/College Educational Rankings, 2004, Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Commerce http://www.census.gov/PressRelease/www/relea...
- Additional sources at websites such as: http://www.ed.gov, http://www.consumeraffairs.com, http://www.bizjournals.com and http://www.uopsucks.com.
- Cytowane przez