- Statter Ernest
- The united people of planet Earth
- Stosunki Międzynarodowe, 2009, t. 40, nr 3/4, s. 249-264, bibliogr. 8 poz.
- Słowa kluczowe
- Współpraca międzynarodowa, Polityka międzynarodowa, Broń nuklearna
International cooperation, International politics, Nuclear weapon
- The vision of life we had and have has created the world we live in now. It is a world in which the military and economic power of nations, together with globalization and aggressive commercial competition, rule the lives of its population. In this world, the ultimate goal of a single country is to rule the world on its own or to become the leading force in a coalition supporting its aims. In the contemporary world people have been given a variety of rights without corresponding obligations. Attaining wealth at any cost to assure easy acquisition of goods and services has been set as the ultimate goal of an individual's life. The notion of "everyone for himself" has become an obvious and acceptable way of human behaviour. As countries strive to rule the world and attain even more wealth, individuals follow the "everyone for himself" notion, having been set free by individual rights. This has all resulted in moral values being neglected and disregarded as an indispensable part of human life. To a great extent moral values have even lost their importance in education systems and at home - the daily routine of life has taken over, and aversion and constant tension have prevailed. Internal and international confl icts have sprung up all over the world, and the proliferation of nuclear weapons poses an imminent danger to humanity. Pollution, scarce resources, the unprecedented spread of conventional weapons enforced by the existence of weapons of mass destruction are leading to war. Once a war breaks out, the probability is that it will annihilate all human life. And at the bottom of all the above there is human greed. (fragment of text)
- Dostępne w
- Biblioteka Szkoły Głównej Handlowej w Warszawie
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Katowicach
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Poznaniu
- K. Annan, A time of crisis and hope, "International Herald Tribune" Jan. 31 - Feb. 1, 2009
- P. Coyle, We are threatened with cosmic arms race, "Rzeczpospolita", Oct. 21 - Feb. 22, 2006.
- S. Vedantam, Brain wired for good impulses, "The Gazette", Montreal, May 27, 2007.
- D. Chopra, How To Know God, New York, 2000.
- A. Nowak, Questions about the essence of unity, "Rzeczpospolita", Oct. 20 - 21, 2007.
- J. Immelt, Prime Minister must also be a CEO, "Polityka" (28), July 15, 2006.
- A. Humphreys, Economic spying to rise: CSIS, "The Gazette", Montreal, Aug. 29, 2006.
- J. Bielecki, Good bye Chicago, "Rzeczpospolita", Dec. 23 - 26, 2006.
- Cytowane przez