- Kułyk Piotr (University of Zielona Góra), Michałowska Mariola (University of Zielona Góra), Patelska Monika (University of Zielona Góra)
- Consumer Attitudes in the Light of the Concept of Sustainable Consumption in Lubuskie Voivodeship Against the Background of Trends in Consumption in Poland
- Oeconomia Copernicana, 2017, vol. 8, nr 2, s. 181-197, aneks, bibliogr. 15 poz.
- Słowa kluczowe
- Zachowania konsumenta, Konsumpcja, Rozwój zrównoważony
Consumer behaviour, Consumption, Sustainable development
- Klasyfikacja JEL: Q01, D11, D12
- Województwo lubuskie
- Research background: The article has addressed the issue of sustainable consumption, which is becoming increasingly important on account of the adverse social and environmental consequences caused by the development and growth of societies. Sustainable consumption encourages to make rational choices and take responsibility for one's choices. Consumers take a number of decisions every day that affect not only them, but also cause externalities. There are many studies that indicate that consumers when buying goods and services are driven by environmental and ethical considerations.
Purpose of the article: Changes occurring in the environment affect consumer behavior, leading to multiplicity of attitudes and changes in consumption trends. The article has shown consumer behavior in line with the concept of sustainable development against the background of trends in consumption in Poland.
Methods: The basis for the discussion in the article will be: literature studies, available empirical studies, and our own results of the survey among respondents in Lubuskie voivodeship. Surveys using questionnaires were directed at 541 respondents. The number of correctly completed questionnaires was 500, and the figures contained in them were subjected to further analysis.
Findings & Value added: Respondents in their purchasing choices are not guided by the influence of the consumption on the natural environment. However, in their behaviors we can notice some environmental measures, which stem from different reasons, depending on the socio-economic conditions. (original abstract)
- Pełny tekst
- Antonides G., & Van Raaij W.F. (2003). Consumer behaviour. A European perspective. Warsaw: Polish Scientific Publishers.
- Bamberg S., & Mӧser G. (2007). Twenty years after Hines, Hungerford, and Tomera: A new meta-analysis of psycho-social determinants of proenvironmental behaviour. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 27(1).
- Study environmental awareness and ecological behavior of the inhabitants of Poland, Report prepared by TNS, November. Retrieved form https://www.mos.gov.pl/fileadmin/user_upload/Badanie_swiadomosci_i_zachowan_ekologicznych_mieszkancow_Polski__badanie_trackingowe_2014_.pdf (05.01.2017).
- Becla A., Czaja S., Hałasa J. M., & Rumianowska I. (2001). Elements of microeconomics, Wrocław: Publishing House of the Civil partnership Andrzej, Przemysław and Włodzimierz Bierońscy.
- Bołtromiuk A. (2009). Environmental awareness of Poles sustainability. Research report 2009. Warsaw: Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved form http://www.ine-isd.org.pl/theme/UploadFiles/File/publikacje/raporty/swiad_ekol_2009.pdf (05.01.2017).
- Bywalec Cz. (2010). Consumption and economic and social development. Warsaw: C.H. Beck.
- Bywalec Cz. (2007). Consumption in theory and practice of farming. Warsaw: Polish Scientific Publishers.
- Gutkowska K., & Batóg A. (2016). Attitudes of consumers of the Świętokrzyskie province towards ecologicalm methods of meat production. Internal Trade, 1(360).
- Flash Eurobarometr 367. Results for Poland 2012 (2012). Building the Single Market for environmentally friendly products. Retrieved form http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/flash/fl_367_fact_pl_pl.pdf (05.01.2017).
- Hines J.M., Hungerford H.R., & Tomera A.N. (1986/87). Analysis and synthesis of research on responsible environmental behaviour: a meta-analysis. Journal of Environmental Education, 18(2).
- Jastrzębska-Smolaga J. (2000). Towards sustainable consumption. Dilemmas, threats, chances. Warsaw: Polish Scientific Publishers.
- Mannion A.M. (2014). Global environmental changes. London, New York: Routledge.
- Rudnicki L. (2012). Consumer behavior in the market. Warsaw: Polish Scientific Publishers.
- Woś J., Rochacka J., & Kasperek-Hoppe M. (2004). Consumer behavior-theory and practice. Poznań. Publishing House of the Poznań University of Economics.
- Zaremba-Warnke S. (2009). Model of sustainable consumption. In: S. Zaremba-Warnke (Ed.). Ecological marketing. Wrocław: Publishing House of the Wrocław University of Economics.
- Cytowane przez
- URI / DOI