- Vergara-Fernández Melissa (Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Rejoinder to Comparative Economics and the Mainstream by László Csaba
- Economics and Business Review, 2017, vol. 3 (17), nr 3, s. 138-142, bibliogr. 4 poz.
- Słowa kluczowe
- Paradygmaty zarządzania, Ekonomia instytucjonalna, Instytucjonalizm, Gospodarka socjalistyczna, Socjalizm, Ustrój socjalistyczny, Eseje
Management paradigms, Institutional economics, Institutional economics, Socialist economy, Socialism, Socialist system, Essays
- Kornai Janos
- Throughout the paper, as the title might suggest, there is running commentary with respect to the relationship between Kornai's work and 'mainstream economics'. The underlying question throughout the paper is why Kornai's work did not become more influential in the mainstream, if Kornai offered all the necessary ingredients mfor his work to become more recognised than it has actually been. Csaba's concern is that "Given his unparalleled embeddedness in the Western academic world ever since the mid-1960s...his highly original and equally unusually influential ideas have had a limited, if any, impact on mainstream economics, as taught in global economics programmes at PhD level". Csaba's narrative suggests that there was a kind of progression in Kornai's work that should have made him acceptable to the mainstream, but that, in the end, his "subject nof analysis as well as the conditions under which the author formulated his academic interests... kept him within the confines of institutional economics". Due to space limitations I will only focus on two aspects that are important from the perspective of the philosophy of economics. (fragment of text)
- Dostępne w
- Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Krakowie
Biblioteka Szkoły Głównej Handlowej w Warszawie
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Katowicach
Biblioteka Główna Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Poznaniu
- Pełny tekst
- Banerjee, A., & Duflo, E. (2006). Addressing absence. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 20(1), 117-132. https://doi.org/10.1257/089533006776526139.
- Friedman, M. (1949). The Marshallian demand curve. Journal of Political Economy, 57(6), 463-495.
- Kornai, J. (1998). The system paradigm. Retrieved from https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/ bitstream/handle/2027.42/39662/wp278.pdf.
- Mill, J. S. (1884). A system of logic, ratiocinative and inductive: being a connected view of the principles of evidence and the methods of scientific investigation, 8th edition. New York: Harper & Brothers.
- Cytowane przez
- URI / DOI